Here we are, down to five weeks of school left!!! It is going to be a busy last few weeks I
think. Here are some things that are
happening:
- Scholastic book fair is this week from Wednesday to Friday (May 16-18).
- Grandparents’ Day is this Friday, May 18 from 10am – 12pm. There will be a short program – the grade three’s will be performing the Lord’s Prayer with actions (as previously seen in chapel). And then I believe the grandparents will be joining our class to buddy read. If a student doesn’t have a grandparent present, they will be buddied up with a friend and their grandparent(s).
- Bake Sale this Wednesday, May 16. Bring your pocket change to raise money for our grads.
- Our last field trip will be Tuesday, May 29 to A Rocha to learn more about plants! Permission forms are still coming; however, I thought I would give a heads up as we will be needing parent drivers again.
- We will be collecting clear glass jars for our final art project. It can be a jam, salad dressing, or canning jar. Please make sure it is clean with the label removed. Each child will need just one, but if you have more than one, please send it in case we are missing a few in the end.
- New Words To Learn Sheet on Tuesday! I have changed the words to learn sheet slightly – There are now 3 columns instead of 2. So, the students will copy the word, and then study it twice by reading, speling, covering, printing, and proofreading the word (this information is on there). I am hoping it is easier to follow and the extra practice helps us spell better!
One final note… I have only recently been informed that often
there is a party on the last day of school.
If you are interested in hosting a party, please let me know sometime
soon. Otherwise, we can
always arrange for something fun to happen here. :) Have a great week!
Mrs. Thiessen
No comments:
Post a Comment