Monday, October 3, 2011

Hello everyone,
I hope you all have had a great weekend! I just wanted to comment on the new book reports I sent home today. The first one is based on what we have learned in school about making connections to what we have read. Parents, please read the first side as you will be reading, connecting, and writing this book report with your child. I have been telling my students that we make connections to EVERY book we read, whether it is remembering our own past experiences or the experiences of others around us, we usually can find some element in a book to identify with. However, obviously some books will lend themselves better to this activity than others, so try to choose a book that will evoke some connections for you and your child. If your child is reading a chapter book, perhaps you could base this activity on one or two chapters in that book and read them together. If you have any questions, please ask!
I have told the class that they don't have to do the book reports in any particular order, as long as both are done before the end of the month (and preferably not the night before!).
Some reminders:
  • No school this Thursday or Friday, WRCA staff will be at a convention those days
  • Please send in permission forms for Rip Stick and Skateboard PE Day by Wednesday
  • We will be writing our memory verse for this week (Matt 4:4) on Wednesday (I will send home duotangs tomorrow).

Thank you and enjoy this short week! :)

Mrs. Thiessen

No comments:

Post a Comment